Leading Edge Certification for the Administrator
Announcing the Summer 2018 Cohort
June 22, 2018 - August 24, 2018
Face-to-Face Kick Off: Friday, June 22, 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
$749 per Participant
Facilitated by TICAL Cadre Members and School Leaders
Santa Cruz County Office of Education, 400 Encinal Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The program begins with a one day face-to-face orientation meeting. Subsequent work is completed online.
Note: Video remote participation in the face-to-face meeting may be available. Details on registration page.
Do you want to enhance your digital leadership skills? Are you interested in supporting students and staff in developing 21st Century college and career-readiness? Are you ready to be a transformative leader? Leading Edge Certification for the Administrator focuses on site, district, and regional leaders and is based upon the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Administrators (ISTE-A).
Participants will learn how to effectively utilize technology tools, resources and innovative solutions to advance student achievement, foster educator productivity and extend learning opportunities for all. Upon successful completion, the certification will give schools, districts and other prospective employers assurance that Leading Edge Certified administrators have the skills to effectively lead schools through the 21st Century and provide visionary leadership amongst all stakeholders of their organization.
- Transformative School Reform
- Leading the Learning
- Digital Literacy
- Millennial Learning Environments
- Current & future technology trends
- Digital Communication & Social Media
- Digital Collaboration
- Personal Learning Networks (PLNs)
- Data-driven instruction & data collection
- Communicating through Infographics
- Digital Citizenship
- Online & Mobile Learning
- Mapping out tech implementations
- Relevant Resources for Common Core
Participating educators become "Leading Edge Certified" upon successful completion of the program.
Successful completion includes:
- Completion of the 60-80 hour (9 week) Leading Edge Certification (LEC) online course
- Completion of a professional digital portfolio containing signature assignments from the LEC course, based upon the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Administrators (ISTE-A)
Participants should be familiar with web-based tools, online resources and discussion boards.
If you have any questions please contact Thom Dunks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-466-5889.