Leading Edge Certification for the Administrator
Announcing the Late Spring 2019 Cohort
April 26, 2019 - June 20, 2019
Online only Kick-Off Meeting: Friday, April 26, 2019 (9:30 am - 1:30 pm)
A high quality Video Link will be provided.
$749 per Participant
Facilitated by TICAL Cadre Members and School Leaders
The program begins with a day-long virtual orientation meeting. Subsequent work is completed online. Possibility of a second virtual meeting near the end of the program to help with portfolio preparation.
Do you want to enhance your digital leadership skills? Are you interested in supporting students and staff in developing 21st Century college and career-readiness? Are you ready to be a transformative leader? Leading Edge Certification for the Administrator focuses on site, district, and regional leaders and is based upon the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Administrators (ISTE-A).
Participants will learn how to effectively utilize technology tools, resources and innovative solutions to advance student achievement, foster educator productivity and extend learning opportunities for all. Upon successful completion, the certification will give schools, districts and other prospective employers assurance that Leading Edge Certified administrators have the skills to effectively lead schools through the 21st Century and provide visionary leadership amongst all stakeholders of their organization.
- Transformative School Reform
- Leading the Learning
- Digital Literacy
- Millennial Learning Environments
- Current & future technology trends
- Digital Communication & Social Media
- Digital Collaboration
- Personal Learning Networks (PLNs)
- Data-driven instruction & data collection
- Communicating through Infographics
- Digital Citizenship
- Online & Mobile Learning
- Mapping out tech implementations
- Relevant Resources for Common Core
Participating educators become "Leading Edge Certified" upon successful completion of the program.
Successful completion includes:
- Completion of the 60-80 hour (9 week) Leading Edge Certification (LEC) online course
- Completion of a professional digital portfolio containing signature assignments from the LEC course, based upon the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Administrators (ISTE-A)
Participants should be familiar with web-based tools, online resources and discussion boards.
If you have any questions please contact Thom Dunks at email@example.com or 831-466-5889.