Leading Edge Certification for the Administrator
Announcing the Summer 2017 Cohort
June 23, 2017 - August 26, 2017
Face-to-Face Kick Off: Friday, June 23, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Santa Cruz County Office of Education, 400 Encinal Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Do you want to enhance your digital leadership skills? Are you interested in supporting students and staff in developing 21st Century college and career-readiness? Are you ready to be a transformative leader? Leading Edge Certification for the Administrator focuses on site, district, and regional leaders and is based upon the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Administrators (ISTE-A).
Participants will learn how to effectively utilize technology tools, resources and innovative solutions to advance student achievement, foster educator productivity and extend learning opportunities for all. Upon successful completion, the certification will give schools, districts and other prospective employers assurance that Leading Edge Certified administrators have the skills to effectively lead schools through the 21st Century and provide visionary leadership amongst all stakeholders of their organization.
- Transformative School Reform
- Leading the Learning
- Digital Literacy
- Millennial Learning Environments
- Current & future technology trends
- Digital Communication & Social Media
- Digital Collaboration
- Personal Learning Networks (PLNs)
- Data-driven instruction & data collection
- Communicating through Infographics
- Digital Citizenship
- Online & Mobile Learning
- Mapping out tech implementations
- Relevant Resources for Common Core
The program begins with a day-long face-to-face orientation meeting. Subsequent work is completed online.
Note: Remote participation via virtual meeting room may be available. Details available on registration page.
Participating educators become "Leading Edge Certified" upon successful completion of the program.
Successful completion includes:
- Completion of the 60-80 hour (9 week) Leading Edge Certification (LEC) online course
- Completion of a professional digital portfolio containing signature assignments from the LEC course, based upon the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Administrators (ISTE-A)
Participants should have proficiency with web-based tools, experience with discussion boards, and knowledge of online tools and resources available.
If you have any questions please contact Thom Dunks at email@example.com or 831-466-5889.